A great day starts with a healthy breakfast. That’s why we partnered with Breakfast Criminals blogger and superfood aficionado Ksenia for a master class on supercharging your first meal of the day!
Couldn’t make the class? Not to worry. Read on for Ksenia’s philosophy and tips for a better breakfast—and a happier you.
The morning rush can make it all too easy to skimp on breakfast and forego a well-balanced meal for whatever you can grab on your way out the door. Yet, the choice to give breakfast the time and attention it deserves is a choice to start your day with love. By enjoying a nourishing breakfast, you reward yourself and your body; by sitting down at the breakfast table and eating communally, you immerse yourself in the love of family and friends before heading your separate ways for the day.
One idea for a superfood breakfast? Oatmeal! Hearty steel cut oats make for a deliciously comforting hot breakfast. And, they’re endlessly customizable thanks to the range of add-ins you can top them with!
Ready to superfood-ify your oatmeal? Turn your kitchen counter into a DIY oatmeal bar with these supercharged toppings:
- Maca. This caramel scented, immune-boosting radish-relative is used in many medicines. And, it’s known to enhance energy, stamina and athletic performance as well as memory–perfect for whether you plan to start your day in the gym or at the office!
- Raw Cacao Nibs. Chocolate in its purest form–crushed, dried and fermented cacao beans–cacao nibs are packed with nutrients, antioxidants and natural mood lifters. Find them in our Caravan Mix–a sprinkling on your oatmeal will pack a dose of cacao nibs as well as satiating nuts, berries and seeds!
- Stone Ground Almond Butter. Since almonds are the most nutritionally dense nut, you can count on almond butter to pack a ton of vitamins (like Vitamin E!) and minerals. Almonds also pack protein and healthy omega-3 fatty acids–sure to tide you over until lunch time. Looking for a sweeter alternative? Dollop a spoonful of a chocolate spread–like Brunette Hazelnut Spread–onto your oatmeal instead.
- Açai. These energy-boosting dark purple berries have a history of being used to treat various ailments. A handful of these small berries gets you a hearty dose of antioxidants, fiber and heart-healthy fats!
- Bee Pollen. Rich in protein, amino acids, and vitamins, bee pollen is an incredibly nutritious add-on that will give you an energy boost and even aid in digestion.
- Goji berries. A key ingredient in our Crunola Raw Granola, these bright red miracle berries contain levels of iron, beta carotene and protein that give other superfoods like spinach, carrots and whole wheat a run for their money. And, these berries promote the body’s production of anti-aging Human Growth Hormone–leaving you feeling rejuvenated rather than tired! Combined with the other nuts and berries in crunola, you’re sure to pack even more antioxidants, vitamins and minerals into your oatmeal.
- Orange Blossom Honey. Honey is deliciously sweet. And, the good news is it’s healthy too! A natural sweetener, honey blends sugar, trace enzymes, minerals, vitamins and amino acids, making for a super-substance that can boost energy. So pour away–orange blossom flavored honey presents an even sweeter twist on the classic.
A superfood breakfast wouldn’t be complete without a heart bowl. Luckily for you, Ksenia’s signature heart bowl is now available on Amazon! Pick one up for yourself as a colorful reminder to start your day the right way.
What are your go-to breakfast superfoods? Comment below with your breakfast ideas for fueling your mornings!
We haven’t come to this neighborhood yet.
Visit our International Page for all of our locations worldwide.