Accessibility Statement for Le Pain Quotidien
Le Pain Quotidien is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Le Pain Quotidien takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of its website:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- 💡Optional: Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- 💡Optional: Include people with disabilities in our design personas.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
At the moment of writing, the Le Pain Quotidien website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
This statement has been updated on October 23th, 2020.
💡Optional: Additional accessibility considerations
(Not yet applicable.)
Our compliance department will field any inquiries via email@example.com and +1 (212-505-5861)
We try to respond to feedback within 5 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Our website is designed to be compatible with the latest versions of following assistive technologies:
- Microsoft Edge with Jaws or NDA on Windows 10.
- Chrome or Safari with VoiceOver on macOS.
- Chrome with TalkBack on Android.
- Safari with VoiceOver on iOS.
Our website might not fully be compatible with:
- Operating systems, browsers and assistive technologies that are not listed.
- Browsers older than one major version or mobile operating systems that have not received major updates in the last two years.
Accessibility of the Le Pain Quotidien website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of our website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for our website:
- Soms images of food items on our menus may not have adequate or equivalent text alternatives. Our editors are working on improving the descriptions of food items for our visually imapired customers.
- Some PDF documents might not work with current assistive technologies because they are created using technologies that do not fully support accessibility. We convert documents to new formats upon request within 5 business days. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
Le Pain Quotidien assessed the accessibility of their website the following approaches:
- External evaluation by a IAAP Certified Web Accessibility Specialist.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Le Pain Quotidien Communication Department Director of Communication
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 5 business days, and to propose a solution within 10 business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to the national authority, should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.